At Drs. Spagna & Kunaish, your health and the health of our staff are of the utmost importance. Following our temporary closure in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the practice will re-open with limited staff on Monday, May 18th. We are following usual universal precautions as well as the most current pandemic-related VDA and ADA recommendations to ensure your health and the health of our staff.
To our patients,
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same - our commitment to your safety.
At Drs. Spagna and Kunaish, infection control has always been a top priority. Our infection control protocols are implemented so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. You may have seen this during your visit, but we wanted to tell you a little more about the procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office adheres to infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We keep up with the activities of these agencies so that we stay current on any new rulings or guidance which may be issued.
However in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, you may see some changes at your next appointment. These have been done to better ensure everyone's safety at this time. For example:
• Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again and have your temperature taken before you enter the office.
• We ask that all patients wear a face covering when entering the building and office.
• You will find hand sanitizer in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
• You will see UltraHEPA air filters in the office. These filters capture particles down to 0.003 microns - 100 times smaller than conventional HEPA filters (note: coronavirus particle size 0.06-0.14 microns).
• You will see that our waiting room no longer displays magazines, children’s toys, and water, nor are treatment blankets available as these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. As a result, you may be offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
• We will do our best to allow greater time in between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any moment. Please arrive on time for your appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again and will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and everyone, safe in our practice. Thank you for being patient with us, and for being our patients. We value your trust and loyalty and are eager to welcome everyone back.
Drs. Spagna and Kunaish
When you visit our office, your smile is our top priority. Dr. Spagna, Dr. Kunaish, and their entire team are dedicated to providing you with the personalized, gentle care that you deserve.
As general dentists serving the Northern Virginia/Washington Metro area for over 25 years, part of our commitment to our patients includes providing information that helps them make more informed decisions about their oral health needs. This website is a resource we believe you’ll find both useful and interesting.
We genuinely hope that this site is helpful for you to learn more about our practice, dental conditions, recommendations, and treatments. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Contact Us Today!